Mammoplasty is considered to be one of the most popular plastic surgeries in the world. Why do women do this? It is difficult to give a clear answer to this question. Some think that nature has not rewarded them with a sufficiently lush bust, others want to quickly restore their old shape after giving birth and breastfeeding.
German scientists recently conducted a survey of patients at aesthetic surgery clinics and found the main reasons that force women to fearlessly undergo surgery.
- "I am the mother of three children and have fed them all with breast milk. As a result, my breasts are severely slack and the skin on them is stretched. "
- "I've been very fat since I was a child and now I've finally lost weight. I've been on a diet for a long time but haven't had time to exercise. Hence the breasts were just as ugly as they were. "
- "I was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. The right breast was removed. I don't like the inlay prosthesis. I want to be a real woman. "
- "My breasts are too small, which is why I was bullied at school all the time. As a little girl I still feel insecure and therefore have big problems with my private life. I know if I enlarge my breasts everything will change. "
- "This is my last hope for nice, firm breasts. I tortured myself for a long time, did special exercises and even drank pills, but everything was useless. The service is better. "
- "Men just love big breasts. After the operation, my chances of a successful marriage are much higher. I am sure that I will find a better job than now. "
- "The left breast is naturally larger than the right one. It's awfully ugly. I find it difficult to choose underwear and I am embarrassed about undressing in front of a loved one. "
These are just the most popular answers. According to the study, the average age of women who see a plastic surgeon is constantly falling. Almost half of the patients are young women under the age of 25. Interestingly, around 3% of those surveyed are girls under the age of 20. Why a mammoplasty is needed at such a tender age is a mystery. After all, at this point the breast is still growing and can take on the desired volume and shape.
Medical causes of breast enlargement
- Improvement in the shape of the mammary glands after losing weight too quickly. The chest sags, the volume decreases, ugly stretch marks appear on the skin. Silicone implants give the breast a beautiful shape, make it firm and plump.
- During pregnancy, due to hormonal changes in the body, the breast noticeably increases in size, and after breastfeeding, on the contrary, it is strongly "drained". A mammoplasty performed 1 to 1. 5 years after the birth will help restore the breasts to their original shape.
- As a result of an endocrine disruption, the breast may not grow or form properly. In these cases, a mammoplasty is recommended.
- The absence of one or both breasts may be due to a mastectomy (complete removal of the breast). A striking example is Angelina Jolie, who decided to have a mastectomy because of the high cancer risk. All of the actress's breast tissue was removed and implants were placed. The only reminder of this are small scars under the breasts. Both surgeries, of course, had no negative impact on her appearance or career.
When is mammoplasty strictly contraindicated?
- The breasts are not yet fully developed. The optimal age for the operation is between 18 and 50 years.
- You suffer from breast disease. Surgery can cause serious complications.
- You have too little subcutaneous fat.
- The chest is badly deformed and has scars.
- The mammologist and surgeon assessed the result of your examination negatively. If a specialist has turned you down, there is a serious reason. You don't necessarily have to look for another plastic surgeon.
Some helpful tips
If you decide to have a mammoplasty, keep the following recommendations in mind. Maybe they can help you make the right choice.
- According to statistics, breast augmentation is one of the safest plastic surgeries. The risk of complications is less than 5%. Provided, of course, that the mammoplasty was performed by a highly qualified surgeon. A good clinic and a doctor with an excellent reputation guarantee excellent results.
- Breasts that are too large may not suit your physique. Before the operation, think carefully about what breast size you really need.
- Post-operative swelling and bruising will go away for a long time. During this time, you will need support from family and friends. In addition, for the first time after the mammoplasty, you need to wear special underwear and follow all the recommendations of the surgeon who operated on you.