Beautiful and voluminous breasts are the dream of every representative of the fair sex, only nature does not reward everyone with them. Endoscopic breast augmentation is a surgical procedure for the implantation of implants.
The main advantages of the method
In addition to other techniques that allow you to increase the volume of the breast and correct its defects, endoscopy has some advantages:
- Maintaining the ability to breastfeed babies. The implant is positioned directly under the muscle. This site does not affect the natural functions of the mammary gland in any way.
- The chest retains the most aesthetic appearance. The ability to position the seam in the armpit makes it practically invisible. After a few months, the scar will dissolve and go away. The implanted implant is not visible through the skin, so the breast retains its natural appearance.
- Short operating time. By using an endoscope, the doctor has the opportunity to examine the entire surgical field and control the process. The manipulations performed will be more precise, and the process itself will take no more than an hour.
- The recovery phase passes quickly. The tissue during the operation is not too traumatized, the healing process is quick and good. After 2 weeks, the patient can return to her usual lifestyle, but with some reservations.
Who is breast augmentation indicated for?
In which cases is endoscopic breast augmentation or breast correction planned? For example in the following:
- insufficient development of the mammary gland;
- small breast size;
- sagging breasts, which may be due to feeding the baby or severe weight loss;
- asymmetry of the chest;
- Chest deformation as a result of trauma or surgery.
As with any surgery, mammoplasty requires some preparation on the part of the patient to test for the absence of contraindications. Before having breast augmentation, you need to do the following tests:
- undergo an ultrasound of the breast;
- do a general blood test;
- Set the blood clotting time;
- Do a blood test for AIDS, hepatitis, biochemistry, genital infections.
A preliminary talk with an anesthetist is necessary in order to identify possible complications of the anesthesia during the operation in advance. Any operation is an invasion of the body and a violation of natural processes, so the preparatory preparation must be taken very seriously.
How is the operation performed?
There are several ways that endoscopic breast augmentation can be performed:
- A cut just below the mammary gland. As a rule, its length does not exceed 3, 5 centimeters. The disadvantage of this option is that even with the most successful suture healing, if only a thin scar remains on the wound site, the scar can periodically remind both the woman and her partner to have breast augmentation surgery.
- Cut near the nipple. This option has consequences. First, scarring remains inevitable. Second, it is the impossibility of breastfeeding future children. During the operation, some ducts and the glandular tissue itself are affected. If a woman wants to have a child in the future and becomes pregnant, it will be impossible to feed her with breast milk. Another complication that most frightens patients who have chosen this particular method of breast augmentation is the potential for complete loss of nipple sensitivity. In this case, the bust is already defective.
- Operation via the axillary access. It is considered to be the most successful and safest option for breast augmentation. The breast tissue remains intact so that the children can be fed without any problems in the future. The scar that forms under the armpit can finally resolve within six months and therefore will not affect the result. In general, the procedure for inserting the implant through the axillary access under the pectoral muscle is more convenient, but requires the use of certain endoscopic devices. It is not only necessary to cut through the muscle tissue, but also not to damage the large vessels that pass here. In general, much less time is spent on the entire procedure. Breast augmentation through the armpit enables the recovery phase to be significantly shortened. If the clinic has a modern laser system, the possibilities for a favorable outcome of the operation increase many times over.
A month before the operation, you should adjust the diet and revise the diet. This is especially true for women who diet regularly. A lack of trace elements and vitamins leads to poor healing of damaged tissues. For a few weeks, they use any medication that can affect blood clotting. Usually their list is given out for consultation by a surgeon or anesthetist. In three days you need to try to quit smoking: due to this bad habit, a rough and ugly scar can form.
Under no circumstances should you drink alcoholic beverages either before or after the operation. Alcohol is the strictest contraindication to all anesthetic drugs and medication.
The operation is carried out in a conventional operating room, in which sterility is guaranteed.
Like any medical procedure, endoscopic mammoplasty has a number of contraindications for which it is worth refusing breast augmentation surgery in order to avoid further negative consequences. These include:
- all neoplasms in the area of the mammary glands (both malignant and benign);
- current infectious diseases;
- chronic or acute diseases of the internal organs;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Blood diseases;
- poor blood clotting;
- young age;
- if not a year has passed after the end of breastfeeding;
- mental abnormalities or unstable mental state of the patient.
On the first day after the operation, the patient usually spends time in the infirmary, where he is supervised by medical staff and, if necessary, qualified medical care is available.
In the first week after the breast augmentation, the patients feel pain at the puncture site. To reduce this negative effect, pain relievers are recommended. In no case should physical exertion be allowed. You need to avoid sharp waves in your arms and try not to raise them above shoulder level. Within three months, you need to forget about going to the bathhouse or sauna, and not going to the solarium. Performing interventions in the chest area during this time is strictly prohibited.
The price of an endoscopic breast augmentation can vary not only depending on the material of the implant, but also on the experience and reputation of the surgeon. The price difference can be up to twice. Before you decide on a cheaper option, you should consider whether you are willing to risk your health and leave it in the hands of someone else.
The success of endoscopic breast augmentation through the armpit depends not only on the future appearance, but also on the state of health. Before committing to such an important and responsible step, you should weigh all the pros and cons and make sure there are no contraindications or cause for concern. In the event of the slightest discrepancy, it is better to cancel or postpone the operation. Another mammoplasty is extremely risky and not every specialist will do it.